A few short years ago, Regina might not have been considered a culinary destination, but these days Regina’s food scene is booming with culinary pit stops scattered across the city, specifically in these foodie neighbourhoods.
A central neighbourhood in Regina, Centre Square is filled with shops, cafes, paths and unsurprisingly, some of the best restaurants in Regina.
- Tangerine: The food bar: Fresh and interesting ingredients are at the forefront of this diet accommodating spot. Their menu changes daily but always includes vegetarian, vegan and gluten-free options. Their delicious sandwiches and baked goods keep people coming back.
- The Willow on Wascana: With the culinary philosophy “from farm to table,” The Willow offers seasonal menus with different featured suppliers to bring fresh, fine dining meals to the prairies.
- Enso: For the best sushi in town, foodies will appreciate Enso for its menu and prices, and vegetarians will be pleased to know they have veg-friendly options too.
Named for sportsman Alvin Ritchie, this neighbourhood is known for its community services, centres and parks. It’s also home to a food scene that caters to its locals.
- Italian Star Deli: Not on the list as a fine dining establishment, but as a local favourite, the Italian Star Deli makes the foodie cut for their famous sandwiches on homemade breads and buns, and their meats and cheeses.
- Daisy’s Pantry: Daisy’s Pantry is renown for its healthy, made-from-scratch, good-sized meals and baked goods.
From Casino Regina to Globe Theatre to Victoria Park, downtown Regina has a lot to offer for visitors and locals alike, and the food is no exception thanks to its BBQ joints, patios and sandwich shops.
- Prairie Smoke & Spice: Any BBQ lover will be impressed by the pit-smoked, slow-smoked, Southern-style BBQ offered out of Prairie Smoke’s food truck. They’ve won awards at the Jack Daniels World Championships and the Canadian National BBQ Championships.
- Fresh & Sweet: A restaurant by Valley Girls Catering, Fresh & Sweet serves up unique sandwiches, wraps and menu items like bacon and peach pancakes, strawberry goat cheese waffle and daily specials like the corn dog grilled cheese.