Homewise is an online mortgage solution providing first-time homebuyers and homeowners looking to renew/refinance mortgages with free unbiased options tailored to their needs.
Launched in late 2018 by CEO Jesse Abrams (pictured above), the Toronto-based company’s infrastructure was in place when COVID-19 hit and the firm is able to handle mortgage clients efficiently with no long wait times.
What does the Homewise process look like?
- Homewise’s online application takes five minutes. It is easy, fast and transparent.
- After applying, clients book a 10-minute call online with a personal Homewise advisor. There’s no waiting on hold or standing in lines.
- Then company’s technology and mortgage experts negotiate with over 30 top-tier lenders to provide the three best mortgage options, providing a holistic view of rates, key features and options. Explanations are clear-cut and easy-to-understand.
- The advisor then guides clients at each step from approval to move-in, managing the lender and admin work along the way.
Other services it offers:
- Homewise has also partnered with companies like Sonnet Insurance and Deeded (digital real estate lawyers) to help mortgage seekers to close on their loan without having to leave home, an important advantage, especially in social distancing times.
Since the service is free to mortgage seekers, Homewise is paid by the lenders when mortgages close. The ThinkHomewise.com website also offers easy-to-use helpful links to an affordability calculator, payment calculator and a closing-cost calculator.
Homewise is continually focused on building new technology to cut costs and drive efficiencies, they pass those cost savings onto their clients.
“There are many Canadians who need mortgages – likely hundreds of thousands who are renewing, refinancing or buying for the first time,” Abrams says. “The post-purchase process has always been a problem especially as Canadians continue to move online. Homewise streamlines the process. We use plain language and explain each step, so people actually understand what they are getting. Clients are set up with a personal advisor to guide them from approval to move-in, and for the best mortgage experience in Canada.”